Thursday, October 29, 2009

First run from my new Home

So this past week was the move from Palmyra, NY to Waldorf, Md. This drive down wasn't too bad other than the monsoon outside, but hey...at least it wasn't snow. The town of Waldorf itself is a nice bedroom community, most people here work north in DC or south at Lexington Park. That translates to a lot of 4-6 lane roads, with center medians and paved sidewalks along those same roads. From my random driving around, I'm pretty sure i can string together 20-30 miles of paved sidewalk throughout the town but that'll be later.

The first run here will probably be my standard, it's a nice 5.75 mile loop that's almost entirely on the paved sidewalk, and it's a relatively pleasant run. Of the four roads, only Smallwood dr is developed with the other three roads appearing to be brand new and wooded on both sides, in fact the Middletown Road portion has some small ponds and marshland below which seem to be bird sanctuaries so there's at least some scenery. My only issue is that the sidewalk disappears upon turning from Middletown Rd to Billingsly for about a mile until you turn back onto St Patricks. The route starts and ends at my complex, and is predominantly flat, so I'll need to find some hills. As always the route's posted below..

Normal Run in Waldorf (5.75 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment