Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Bourbon Chase

Hey there everyone, I know it has been a little while but I've been a little busier than normal so haven't had time to squeeze a post in, so here goes a race review. In the spirit of TheTravelingRunner, it's in a different state and all over the state.

The race was the Bourbon Chase a nice jaunt along the Bourbon Trail in Kentucky. Last year some of my friends from Team Shirlock mentioned there was a race across Kentucky that involved Bourbon. Being a consummate whiskey drinker this was the perfect race for me. The best part was the longest leg would be 8 miles, so I didn't need to worry too much about getting longer distances in, which has been very difficult the last few months being in Corpus Christi.

I'll be posting more in depth reviews and feedback this week for my legs, 2, 14 and 26 so if anyone else out there wants to review their own legs please shoot me an email.

First impressions, great race, very well run and well marked. There wasn't a time i was lost on the course or felt the organizers didn't have everything under control. The best indicator of this was the run through the Wild Turkey Distillery at 3-4 am and the distillery was open and serving Derby Pie. I will definitely be doing this race again, but more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment