Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Concept 2 Rower Review

Not sure who else out there uses a rower, but I say the best new item is a trash can to come with the rower b/c every time I'm on it, I feel like I'm gonna lose my cookies..so it's a great workout item.

The rower itself is at the work gym in my primary posting because we're so far onto base that it takes forever to get to the drill hall. I believe it's the Concept 2 D, but that's by picture only, so I may be wrong, but it's definitely a concept 2.

The system is pretty simple, adjustable foot straps and positioning for your heels, and a simple lever to adjust the difficulty level. The lever is there, but i always just put it to level 10...and row as hard as I can until i drop, or attempt up downs, so I can't attest to how well it adjusts the resistance, but I assume well.
The display is a intuitive and being that I've never seen an instruction manual I can figure out how to change the units, tracking settings and work til I drop. Most importantly for me though is it works. The only negative i have is that if you're wearing a longer shirt that is not tucked in, you can sometimes get it caught on your back stroke, but that's normal from what I've been told.

Sumary
Pro's: Easy to use, functional, kicks my butt
Con's: None that I've seen but i have no idea how much it costs...

Workout
I mix it with sprints and some X-fit items, but my favorite is as follows(if you like to hurt), but warm up the hamstrings first
250m Row
1/4 mile
250m Row
1/4 mile
500m Row
1/2 mile
250m Row
100m sprint
You should hurt, either that or I'm in horrible shape. Either way it feels god.

No comments:

Post a Comment