Monday, December 12, 2011

Clean and Jerk mixed with a front squat

So this is one of my favorite exercises, and probably one any trainer would hate, but i like because it beats the crap outta me. The only other wise is the gym I work out in has the proper rubberized weights so i can get that extra one in without fear of cracking a plate when I drop it at the end.

The exercise itself is a hybrid of the Clean and Jerk, with a front squat in between the clean phase and the jerk motion....at speed, and by speed i mean as fast as i can move until i feel like booting. So great exercise. I think part of why I love this exercise is the muscles it hits, and adding in the front squat hits the hamstrings as well as the quads, for more burn and quick burnout, which is perfect when i have 15-20 minutes to work out. Mix this in with pull-ups and some rows for speed(500m fast as possible) and you'll be burned out quick.
 If not I'm a big wimp and need to hit the gym

No comments:

Post a Comment