Saturday, February 12, 2011

Treadmill review LifeFitness 95T


Since I've conquered most of what winter has thrown at me on a treadmill, I figured it's time to post a review of my good buddy since I'll be abandoning him/her in the next few weeks (60's!!!). To start, is a treadmill a masculine or feminine? I mean a ship is a she, vehicle's can be both, is a treadmill a she or a he? I use he, but mostly because I'm lazy.

So the treadmill today is the LifeFitness 95T. I think its the engage but w/e they're all pretty close, so I'll take the base model because again its the apartment complex treadmill. First glance it looks like any other treadmill, a deck, armresters and a big screen. This one has the added bonus of being able to show TV(whenever the cables are plugged in) and you can plug and iPod in and/or a USB stick to record the workout, both of which are pretty slick. I personally have used the iPod dock more than once when I forgot to charge it before hitting the gym, so it's definitely functional. More importantly the ride, or run. The features are nice, but the run is what matters.
Pro's: It "rides" smooth, easy to change speed, easy to raise and lower deck, two cupholders, screen deck and little table, speed change is smooth as well. Important to me also is the belt stays tight during the runs so my knee takes it pretty well.

Con's: Speed change can be a little slow at times, the handle bars get slick when sweat gets on them, and the real gripe is the standing area on the side of the deck is incredibly slick when a little wet w/sweat.

All in all I'd recommend this one if you have an option at the gym or one at a hotel, giving it a solid B+, the only thing holding it back from an A is the slippery side rails which could be easily fixed by the manufacturer in the future, add some sandpaper

1 comment:

  1. Nice Article!!! This is full of information but I was expecting more about fitness equipments & Home Gym Equipment & Life Fitness Motorized Treadmill. Don't forget to keep maintain your body fitness. Treadmill Shop.

    ReplyDelete